ENTERTAINMENT: Omawunmi shares experience working with Angelique Kidjo


SHE may not make the list of top Nigerian songstresses at the moment, but vocal power house, Omawunmi has relaunched her career. The music sensation is back with a new song titled Play na play, which she features legendary singer, Angelique Kidjo.

In a recent interview, she describes her experience working with this music legend as refreshing and memorable.

“She is so good at what she does. Mama Angelique that is what I call her. She doesn’t have any airs. She is playful, fun and very hygienic. She sings effortlessly. When she was recording I was just in awe. I was just saying: “I want to be slim like this”, I want to be energetic when I am her age,” she said.

Narrating how difficult it was to reach out to her, Omawunmi said, “It was difficult to get her, but it wasn’t difficult the moment I reached her. With the help of my manager, he got in touch with her through someone else that also doubles as a booking agent for me. It was like a dream come true for me. When I was shooting with Angelique at some point I started crying I couldn’t believe it. It was like a real honour for me” she reveals.

No comments:

Post a Comment