Why I proposed to my long-time girl friend — GT the Guitarman


Popular singer, Gbemiro Tokunbo, popularly known as GT Guitarman, is one singer who knows how to make the ladies swoon with his vocal chords. His adept mastery of the guitar also ensures that there is a steady stream of adulating female fans at his beck and call.

It stands to reason therefore that there would be many ladies out there dreaming to walk down the aisle with the baby-faced ‘Dreamer’ singer. Well, such ladies can stop dreaming now as GT has finally proposed to his long-standing girlfriend of six years, Oby.

In a chat with Showtime, GT opened up on why he proposed to her at this time. “It has always been something I wanted to do. I’m going to be 32 this year, so obviously, I’m not getting younger. Apart from the age thing, this is also someone that I love so much. So the proposal is just the right thing to do at this time.’

On why he decided to marry a non-Yoruba woman, GT said, ‘I don’t see love as a tribal thing; it’s about what you feel about a person, and it happens to you naturally. I think one of the problems Nigerians have is that we don’t truly love ourselves. The moment we love ourselves, we’ll see ourselves as Nigerians first and foremost.”

Asked when he will be walking down the aisle with the love of his life, GT disclosed that it will be before the end of the year. “I will be getting married before the end of the year,” he disclosed.

Meanwhile, GT who is currently observing a break from music said, he’s planning to release his next album into the market as soon as he returns to the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment