Loretta Ewere, has been electrocuted at her fiance’s home on Ajoke Kazeem Street in the Idimu area of Lagos State.
35 year old Loretta Ewere has been electrocuted at her fiance's home on Ajoke Kazeem Street in the Idimu area of Lagos State.
This happened while the said fiance' who goes by the name Segun Tolani was trying to rectify an electrical fault in his house.
An eyewitness narrated that;
“The man had wanted to change his old cable TV decoder and antenna. When power was restored, he discovered that he didn’t have electricity in his house.
“He wanted to do it himself, but neighbors advised him to get the service of an electrician. He contacted an electrician who billed him N2,500. But he said the charge was too high. He decided to go and rent a wooden ladder from someone in the area.
“He mounted the ladder on the wall and called the lady from inside the room to assist him in holding the ladder. She held the ladder with one hand and held an iron pole beside the room with the other hand.
“While he was working, the wire fell and touched the pole she was holding and that was how she was electrocuted.”
One of the deceased's relatives, who identified himself simply as Charles, blamed the incident on Tolani’s stinginess.
May her Gentle soul R.I.P!!!